Sales Representative – M&E Products – Quebec
Job Code: 9702BR
Primary Location: Val-d'or, QC
Job Type: Full Time
Category: General Management
Boart Longyear is hiring a new Sales Representative to promote Boart Longyear Diamond Coring Products in the Quebec and North Eastern Ontario regions. In this position, you will be responsible for owning and advancing the sales process. You will be organizing and directing resources to achieve financial goals with both current and new customers.You will need to create and execute account management plans and understand your available market. You will need to be comfortable with developing executive level relationships along with end users, execute management mapping, and define a service and support strategy as requirements of the position. You will also need to provide forecasts of your customer demands, provide product definition input and understand the customer market.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor‘s degree – Communications or Business preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5 year‘s B-to-B sales experience with a focus in the diamond drilling industry
- Be an effective communicator in both English & French (verbally and written
- Be self- motivated and driven to achieve sales budget targets and annual goals
- Possess Common core ( Norcat) or equivalent training
- Working knowledge of computer operating system, Excel, Word , PowerPoint and Salesforce
- Sound technical aptitude and knowledge of coring applications and drilling capital equipment
- Ability to quickly solve commercial issues related to coring products with customers
- Ability to effectively function and flourish within a team environment
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively trouble shoot technical issues and work with customers to a satisfactory solution
- Good driving record with G2 driver‘s license
- Work as part of and in accordance with a strong safety focused environment
- Identify programs to gain share, meet or exceed financial objectives, organize and direct resources to support customer.
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders and establish new accounts by planning organizing daily work schedule
- Adjust content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales needs depending on client
- Focus sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers
- Submit orders by referring to price lists and product literature
- Update Management by submitting activity and results repots, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans and monthly and annual territory analyses
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new product offerings, delivery schedules merchandising techniques etc.
- Recommend changes to products, services and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolve customer complaints by investing problems, developing solutions, preparing reports and making necessary recommendations to Clients and Management.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Provide historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must be able to travel freely across borders (if required)
- 50% travel time is expected; customer meetings, site visits and commercial events
About Boart Longyear:
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world‘s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies with a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service.
The Global Drilling Services division operates for a diverse mining customer base spanning a wide range of commodities, including copper, gold, nickel, zinc, uranium and other metals and minerals. The Global Products division designs, manufactures and sells drilling equipment, performance tooling, down-hole instrumentation and parts and services.
Boart Longyear is headquarterd in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX-BLY). More information on Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To obtain Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.
Boart Longyear welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as per the guidelines of the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)